Pre-Workshop Teaching Artist Training
Prior to the start of the workshop there is a three day teacher training component led by MusAid faculty members:
Through these sessions you will develop your music education leading tools to support you in becoming an outstanding teaching artist and rehearsal leader. Regardless of your musical and/or teaching teaching experience all teaching artists will benefit from attending.
The workshops will look at the common challenges and opportunities that group teaching bring for the teaching artist.
Through lots of practical activities and reflective discussion we'll explore:
- How good group teaching is good individual teaching
- Why and how people learn
- How to engage all students through musical teaching
- Teaching for different level students in the same group
- Squeezing as many ideas as possible out of your reportoire
- How to teach as musically as possible