Teaching Artist Summer Residency
The MusAid summer residency offers musicians the unique opportunity to perform and teach at socially driven music programs around the world during two-week summer workshops. MusAid Teaching Artists teach, perform and explore a new culture while also learning teaching strategies from internationally renowned MusAid faculty. Through our innovative program, MusAid seeks to empower a new generation of globally aware teaching artists and performers.
Each residency includes a three-day teacher training component led by MusAid faculty and a two-week hands-on workshop.
- 2018 applications Open on Nov. 21 -
El Sistema, El Salvador RESIDENCY
May 31 - June 17 2018
Program Fee: $950
Program Fee includes tuition, room & board, in-country transportation, cultural excursion and 24/7 MusAid Staff.
Program open to ages 20 - 35
Teaching Artists gain valuable experience:
- Learning teaching skills from renowned faculty
- Performing alongside other fellows and students
- Leading teacher training sessions
- Teaching individual and group lessons
- Coaching orchestra sectionals
- Celebrating cultural exchange through music
Seeking the following Instrumentalists:
Violin, Cello, Bass, Oboe, Clarinet, Trombone, Guitar
2018 MusAid Residency
El Salvador - El Sistema
May 31 - June 17, 2018
For pre-workshop training in San Salvador: June 1 - 4